Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 47

I am going to step it up and put my mind/body in the Kung Fu Body project. I have been very on and off with it, which I am not proud of, nor do I intend on continuing that way. Here's to KFB!


Mind and body balance is a tipsy scale that can fluctuate depending on the situation. Many stress the mind controlling the body, and to control the mind to control the body. It is also important to control the mind with the body. For example, taking an action that will benefit your mind, body and soul that your mind does not feel like taking but your body does. Jumping off of a rock into water. You know it will be fun, you know once you are in the water, it will be cold but you will be glad you jumped in. Your body wants to swim across the cove, but your mind says no because of fear. Taking that jump and listening to your body will result in the most fulfilled action. Calming the mind by deciding you will listen to the body, puts it at rest. Let me practice balancing mindfulness and bodyfulness.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shelby, just stumbling around the KFB site (I finished PCP in May) and you encapsulate here something that flits through my head a lot. Mind/body - which is the prime mover? Mind to me, is the thing that gets the body into momentum, which then affects the mind, which in turn impacts on body. When these cycles build up to something nice we have momentum. I'm going to read the rest of your blog now! Good luck on your KFB!

    ReplyDelete