Thursday, June 3, 2010

Twenty

Balance was not my strength growing up. I did not focus on it until I began rock climbing. Then came asana. A few months ago someone told me i was graceful for the first time in my life; I was filled with happiness.

Focusing on balance on both sides of your body gives you a sense of every inch of your being, instead of just focusing on the part of the body you are using at that moment. You are simultaneously managing every little muscle, and all the other good stuff in between.

It also prevents injuries and nerve damage. By equally distributing the weight on both sides of your body, not relying more on the more balanced side, your nerves and bones are not crushed towards to ground with extra weight.

Go go gadget Resting Buddha!

4 comments:

  1. Yay I'm glad Resting Buddha got a shout out. I like that one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you better balanced on one side or the other? or am I just odd?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get you, Gadget! Next Time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather,

    Yes! I think most people are. This is the way to make it more evened out, thats for sure.

    ReplyDelete